DEVELOPMENT OF NOVEL THERAPEUTIC TARGETS AND TOOLS
The aim of this WG will be to develop or define novel drugs and strategies to be investigated at the preclinical and clinical levels in the search of potential therapeutic targets and tools that could result from data derived from the other WGs and/or the pharmaceutical industry, and to conduct translational studies based on the analysis of data and/or of clinically annotated specimens from previously conducted/ongoing trials with adequate follow up.
Tasks & Activities
- To identify molecular targets for the development of novel therapeutic approaches.
- To define the genetic signature of chemoresistance in CCA.
- To incorporate well-defined experimental models of CCA to the evaluation of novel therapies.
- To harmonize the use of novel biomarkers of CCA with the screening of antitumour drugs and therapeutic strategies.
- To carry out pilot pre-clinical studies using already available and novel drugs and therapeutic strategies.
Dr. Chiara Braconi
University of Glasgow
Prof. Fernando Cossio
University of the Basque Country